Disclosure

September Beauty Favorites!

01 October 2015


Hello lovelies! This past month, I've been trying out a ton of new beauty products. Some were sent to me, some were purchased, and others were buried deep in my makeup drawer— unloved for far too long. So with that in mind,  I've decided to bring back my monthly favorites series to share my new holy grails! Read on to learn more about all of the beauty products I have been loving lately! 


Makeup Forever Full Cover Concealer- While I'm still partial to my Glamoflauge for blemishes, I've been using this highly-hyped concealer for my undereye area. I have some serious undereye baggage most mornings, and this stuff can cover even the darkest of circles. For an extra brightening effect, go with a shade lighter than your skin tone.

NARS Blush/Bronzer Duo in Orgasm/Laguna- With summer coming to a close, I spent most of September trying to soak up those last few moments of bronze-y glow. Laguna is a bit too dark for my naturally fair skin, but it is the perfect shade when I have a bit of color. Unlike a lot of bronzers, it's not orange or muddy looking at all. Instead, it just looks like a natural enhancement to my tan. Orgasm is the perfect compliment, as it is a gorgeous peachy pink that's perfect for bronzed skin. 

Napoleon Perdis Set Contour & Define Cream- I'm having trouble tracking this one down online,  but I picked it up at my local Target on a whim. It looked similar to Cover FX Custom Cover Drops, and I'm always on the hunt for cheaper alternatives. Sure enough, this product is a near perfect dupe. If my foundation is a couple shades too light, I just mix in a drop or two of the Contour & Define cream on my hand. This product also works great for cream contouring, as the name suggests!

Nonie Creme Colour Prevails Eye Shimmer Powder- When I first received this product, I must admit I was a bit confused. The applicator was unlike anything I'd seen before, and I wasn't quite sure how to apply. However, this gorgeous shimmering shadow is well worth the learning curve. I like to pat the powder onto my lid after applying all other eyeshadow. It leaves a stunning, super pigmented metallic effect. The next time you're in Walgreens, I definitely recommend picking up a few shades!

Lorac Eyeshadow in Bronze & Gold- You're probably starting to notice a pattern at this point. This month, I was all about the bronze-y glow. All of Lorac's shadows are insanely pigmented and beautiful, but these two shades were in constant rotation for me this month. I like to apply bronze to my crease, and then use golden as an allover lid color. Add a touch of smokey brown on the outer v, and you've got yourself the perfect metallic smokey eye!

MAC Eyeshadow in Nylon- I have heard beauty gurus rave about this shadow for years, but I just never got around to trying it until now. And I can honestly say, Nylon is worth all the hype it gets and more! It is the most intense, pigmented, and versatile highlight shade I have ever used. Just one dab of the brush, and your inner corner will light up like a Christmas tree. 

MAC Lipstick in Creme Cup- If you're looking for the perfect shade of your-lips-but-better pink, look no further. I used this lipstick almost every day this past month, and it just never gets old. Like all MAC lipsticks, it is super creamy and long-wearing. Creme Cup is one of those effortless shades that you can swipe on in the morning and never worry about reapplying.

Josie Maran Argan Oil Light- I was never one to jump on the argan oil bandwagon. My face is an oil slick anyway, why would I want to pile on more oil? However, after receiving a mini bottle of the "light" oil as part of a set, I decided to bite the bullet and give it a try. While it does make my skin feel gross and greasy at first, I noticed a positive difference the moment it absorbed. My combination skin felt even, smooth, and hydrated. I typically have dry patches from trying to control oil, but this miracle oil somehow perfectly balances out my skin. Do they sell this stuff by the gallon?

Tanwise Dark Bronzing Sunless Mousse- I've had a long and sordid history with self tanners. They've always made me orange, streaky, muddy, patchy, and every other gross fake tan word you can think of. However, on the recommendation of one of my beauty bartenders at The Beauty Bar, I decided to give Tanwise a try. The formula has a foolproof colorguard, and it is very easy to blend out evenly. After a few hours, it develops into a beautiful, natural looking tan shade. My only minor complaint is that it starts to fade after just a day or two, so you do need to reapply fairly often. However, it is still the best self tanner I've found so far (and only $13)!

That's all for my September favorites! If you'd like me to continue this series consistently each month, let me know in the comments below! I'd also love to hear all about your favorite beauty products this month!

4 comments:

  1. Great favorites! I have to try Creme Cup, people love it and it seems perfect for everyday!

    Brunette-ish

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should give Creme Cup a try, it's a gorgeous shade!

      Delete
  2. That's awesome that you like the Tanwise. I just love it! I agree, you do need to reapply. I didn't realize that, I put it on every two days lol.
    Hmmm I deal with dark underbags too, and I loooove Glamoglauge! (Hehe i also got that on your recommendation). So if MF works even better I have to try try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. if you dont mind me asking how did you get makeup set to you?

    ReplyDelete

Show this post some love! I read all comments before they are posted, so please don't waste your time or mine with spam!

Blog design by